Yesterday I gave you the first two of seven sales letter secrets.
Here are numbers 3 & 4.
3. Create an offer that’s hard to resist
• You must MAKE AN OFFER
• Address the question, What’s in it for me?
• Make a ‘soft offer’, i.e. one that requires minimal commitment. If you require a ‘Yes/No’ response it’s a Hard Offer.
4. Aim to create ACTION
• Always have a response device
• Write the response device first
• Give a compelling reason to reply
People sometimes ask, “What’s a response device?” It’s simply the card or piece of paper that people use to reply to your offer. It could be the order form or just a way of saying Yes or No to your offer. Always make it easy to reply, and remember that the more replies you get (in cluding NOes) the more Yes replies you will get.
To increase your level of response, consider offering a benefit that costs nothing to accept, such as a prize draw or a free e-book, and offer some additional benefit for replying immediately, such as a seven-day discount.
Mind you, I expect you are thinking, “But I’m not a professional copywriter. Where can I find one?” The answer is here: 0845 165 9240.