If you have a speech or presentation to make, the way you deliver it will make all the difference. Here’s a 10-point checklist for you:
1. Speak with conviction and energy – each speech can expend as much energy as a full day’s work
2. Be focused – facts tell, feelings sell!
3. Make it a performance – use drama, images, visual aids and ENERGY
4. Be distinctive – make it memorable – put your personal mark on it
5. Use vocal variety – entertain and surprise them – keep them interested
6. Have empathy – talk to them, not at them – don’t fear personal contact – smile: give a reason to like you
7. Maintain good eye contact – one friendly face at a time
8. Show what you mean – use gestures and positive body language
9. Stand tall and balanced – stay centred, walk with a purpose
10. Serve the audience’s needs – offer information, entertainment, involvement. Finally, PRACTISE, PRACTISE, PRACTISE!
I have some Open courses coming up in central London. 29th June, 16th & 22nd September, if you are interested. Drop me a line.